• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • Youtube

Saturday 20 August 2011

October Surprise

I`ve just got back from visiting the family down south, and was gutted to have not had the time to bring a certain album with me. "No Delta" from October Surprise, found on a random trawl on the net is what I`m listening to right now, but when the nights grow longer and colder this album will be just perfect for any walk home. The duo come from Massachusetts, making music that`s more sophisticated than any pair of 21 year olds should do - and that`s whats striking about them.

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD


My standout track has to be "The Mute"  The simple 70`s disco bassline in that song  gets me everytime. October Surprise deliver a slick, downbeat, lo fi  feel to all their songs. But this isn`t hispter, or post - anything.. The songs have substance and hold their own against anything I`m hearing on the radio.

Go get their album "No Delta" .. it`s on a pay for what you want basis.


BANDCAMP

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress/Street

Leeds , West Yorkshire

Phone number

Nah..

Website

www.johnsmith.com