• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • Youtube

Friday 11 May 2012

SINGLE / Bandoliers - "Time & May"















THIS IS THEIR DEBUT SINGLE FROM SEPTEMBER 2011, RECORDED IN THEIR GARAGE. WHICH IS PRETTY COOL . . .












... AS THE FIRST THING THAT STRUCK ME WAS HOW IMMEDIATE, PUNCHY THE SONGS SOUNDED.I`D JUST BEEN LISTENING TO LOTS OF SURF ROCK, PRETTY LO - FI STUFF... AND THEN I FOUND THESE GUYS, SLAPPED THIS SINGLE ON AND THE ABSENCE OF REVERB JUST SEEMED TO HAVE SUCH AN IMPACT. Anyway you`re not fussed about such things! (It`s just that I`ve been mixing down an album during the last few weeks and lately have found it hard to listen to music of any kind without paying close attention to the production)

May is my favourite - it`s the stronger of the two - in terms of instant likeability, there`s certain bit of crossover with the Futureheads methinks (who are just cool as shade) in terms of doing rock that somewhere between art and pop and I mean that in a good way.

I`ve included two tracks off their NEW E.P, they`ve made it so you CANNOT emebed it in any website or blog - which is a very peculiar move when you`ve just released it. I however, managed to get two tracks out of the four from that E.P up on the site here . Um... I wonder if that`s a deliberate move? Anyway, enjoy this single - Bandoliers are defo onto something else. Follow them on Facebook.


SINGLE . . .



















.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress/Street

Leeds , West Yorkshire

Phone number

Nah..

Website

www.johnsmith.com