• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • Youtube

Thursday 11 August 2011

Madonna .. Material Girl or Theiving Cow?

Whilst doing a bit of research on publishing, I came across this website. Its been put up by a very pissed off songwriter who has had a run in with madonna over plagiarism of her work. Aisha, the songwriter has taken quite a `shine` to Madonna (to put it politely) by revealing some interesting similarities between her and other peoples work, also revealing courts cases that have dogged her  from the beginning of her career until now in which she has paid off people to keep quiet.

There is a little bit of trolling here, but, as someone who has grown up with madonna, some of the stories of court cases (she provides links) and the similarities to other artists work are interesting. what I found striking is that, a lot of her styling in the last couple of years seems to have come from Kylie Minogue and NOT the other way round. I`m not some big fan of either woman , but that`s batshit crazy - it`s not the perceived wisdom  at the very least .... .



I don`t think everything that Ashia says is bang on - she accuses madonna of ripping off the film `metropolis` for 1989`s "Express Yourself". Which is a bit unfair, directors often borrow from cinema and that happens in every discipline of film making - and music videos borrow from the silver screen all the time.  So ignore that, but do check out how much litigation there`s been. She has an habit of claiming songwriting credits to her advantage by changing a line or two.

What a shame. I`d always given the lady much respect for being a great songwriter and producer and business woman ... but I might change my mind about Madonna. She`s more clever than I thought. But not as cool as I thought she was. Worth a look anyway.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress/Street

Leeds , West Yorkshire

Phone number

Nah..

Website

www.johnsmith.com